HP Designjet Z5400 44 inch PostScript Printer
Price includes all trade ins.
Fast delivery with two rolls and a smart workflow
• Be ready—meet urgent requests using the first ePrinter for graphics
with multi-roll and smart media switching.
•Increase uptime with fewer roll changes and useful notifications for
ink levels, firmware updates, and more.
• Preview, crop, and print PDF, PostScript®, HP-GL/2, TIFF, and JPEG
files fast, using HP Instant Printing PRO.
• Shorten your turnaround times with a 320 GB hard drive, borderless printing, and fast-drying HP Photo Inks.
Quality and durability to impress your customers
• Create in-house posters, photos, canvases, backlit prints, indoor
signs, POS posters, line drawings, and maps.
•Impress customers with top quality black-and-white images, using
three shades of black HP Photo Inks.
• Achieve smooth color tones thanks to HP Multi-Dimensional Smart
Drop Placement Technology.
• Expand your offerings with water-resistant prints that last up to 200
years, using HP Photo Inks
Easy, efficient operation backed by HP reliability
• Simplify your operation with USB flash drive and e-mail printing, a color touchscreen, and print preview.
• Ensure color reliability with HP Professional PANTONE® color emulation and embedded Adobe® PostScript®/PDF.
• Automatic drop detection and intelligent masking helps ensure image quality and reduces cleaning and waste.
• Use ink more efficiently thanks to an optimized ink configuration.
Print: Maximum print speed5 53 m²/hr (570 ft²/hr)
Print resolution Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Margins: Roll: 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm (0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 in) (borderless on photo roll media);
Sheet: 5 x 17 x 5 x 5 mm (0.2 x 0.67 x 0.2 x 0.2 in)
Ink types Pigment-based
Line accuracy +/- 0.1%6
Minimum line width 0.04 mm (0.0015 in) (HP-GL/2 addressable)
Guaranteed minimum line width 0.08 mm (0.0031 in) (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))7
Image quality: Short term color stability < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes8
Long term print-to-print repeatability Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE20008
Maximum optical density 4 L* min/2.5 D9
Media: Handling Two automatic roll feeds; smart roll-switching; sheet feed; media output bin; automatic cutter10
Size Rolls: 279 to 1118 mm (11 to 44 in)
Sheets: 210 x 279 to 1118 x 1676 mm (8.3 x 11 to 44 x 66 in)
Standard sheets: A4, A3, A2, A1, A0 (A, B, C, D, E)
Thickness Up to 0.8mm (31.5 mil)
Applications: Line drawings, Renderings, Maps, Orthophotos, Graphics design, Office Graphics,
Posters, Photos, Digital fine art, Banners, Exhibition, event graphics, Light boxes -
film, Point of sale/display
Memory: 64 GB (virtual)11, 320 GB hard disk
Connectivity: Interfaces (standard) Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified, EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
Print languages (standard) Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP PCL
3 GUI, HP-GL/22, and HP-RTL2
Printing paths Printer driver, HP Embedded Web Server, HP Instant Printing
PRO, USB, email printing
Drivers (included) PostScript Windows and Mac drivers
Dimensions(w x d x h)
Printer 1770 x 721 x 1050 mm (69.7 x 28.4 x 41.3 in)
Shipping 1930 x 770 x 710 mm (76 x 30.3 x 28 in)
Weight: Printer 86 kg (189 lb)
Shipping 115 kg (253.5 lb)
What’s in the box
HP Designjet Z5400 PostScript® ePrinter, printheads, introductory ink cartridges,
printer stand and media bin, spindles, quick reference guide, setup poster, start-up
software, power cord
Shipping cost covers dock to dock. Extra fees apply outside the Continental US.